Thursday, May 21, 2009

Drama in Art....


Drama Illustration.
For the first illustration, I’d like for you to illustrate any dramatic moment from Act 4. Also include quotes that encapsulates that dramatic moment.


Dramatic Elements:
On one half of your paper, I’d like for you to illustrate a metaphor or simile you can find in Act four. Make sure you write the metaphor/simile down on your illustration.

On the other half of your paper, I’d like for you to pick a dramatic element, and then find an example of the element within the play. Illustrate that dramatic element, and then write the quote containing the dramatic element somewhere on the illustration.
And for reference or for laughs, here's my stick Roman. Photo by Nikki, third period.
And a small note: I call assignments like these "Point Builders" primarily in that they're not too difficult to complete provided you take the time to look for the the elements within the text. Help yourself out, boost your grade by completing this and all remaining assignments to the best of your ability. And if you have questions, don't forget to post here as they come straight to my email...
PS- Zak's vastly superior new-and-improved stick Roman remains on my whiteboard. Check him out.

3 comments:

PhilipGraves said...

These assignments ARE easy... but nowhere NEAR as fun as the acting ones! Are we going to get a chance to do something like that again later on in the year?

Philip from 1st

P.S. I was at a dog clinic this weekend and I saw a sign with some BIG grammatical errors!

"Sorry
Cash Only!

Do to the large amount of bounced checks.

Cash, only please."

I really like that second sentence! lol.

I have a picture of it if you want to see it.

Erin said...

Phillip, I would be lying if I said that there would not be an opportunity for you do do a little acting... But perhaps next time you guys will fly solo..

Oh, pictures please. You should email them to my school address, and I'll post them for all to enjoy.

AJ said...

Is this due tomorrow?
My dad is coming thru on his train tomorrow, should be thru Chico @ 5:15PM or close to their!